The ancient Chinese practice of Feng Shui (pronounced fung shway) is the art of object arrangement and space planning designed to bring balance, harmony and well-being to your living and working areas. Its purpose is not only to enhance prosperity, but also to increase creativity, health, and romance. Feng Shui fortifies a home with positive energy known as chi. The attainment of positive chi is both an art and a blessing to those who manifest that chi. The word “feng” means wind and “shui” means water, each one associated with a good harvest and ultimate good health or good fortune.
Many of the benefits from good Feng Shui come from reducing subtle stresses and irritations , making life easier and more comfortable . A good energy flow is brought about by the application of good Feng Shui , making for a better life and greater happiness.
Five Feng Shui Tips
- Arrange your office such that your desk faces the door or is at a diagonal to the door. Placing a mirror such that you can see what is behind you is a decent second choice. I’ve been more productive since I changed the layout so that my desk faces the door.
- While you are cleaning and organizing pay attention to basements and under your bed as energy rises. As far as attics go, this is energy “hanging over you.” Are the items you have stored in these places really necessary? If spring cleaning is the only time you see this stuff thn maybe it’s time to get rid of it. Cleaning up clutter helped me relax.
- In the kitchen, if you stand facing the wall while you cook, you leave your back exposed , a position that is considered weak in feng shui. Placing a mirror on the wall behind the stove will allow you to see what’s going on behind you while you cook. If something happens, or someone comes up behind you, then you will be able to see it in the mirror.
- Fresh flowers bring beautiful uplifting energy to the kitchen. Place a bowl of fruit, a vase of flowers, or a living plant on your kitchen table, windowsill, or wherever the layout of your kitchen allows. (In feng shui, dried flowers have no life energy in them, so they are not recommended. If real plants are impossible, you can use very life-like fake ones, but the effect will not be nearly as strong.)
- If your love life needs a quick boost, you can use the art of placement to produce the romantic results you desire. Dust and cobwebs on the fans, walls, light fixtures and ceilings should be cleaned away. Enhance your space with romance colors, such as shades of pinks, reds and whites. Guys, this does not mean it has to be feminine. You can use maroon, grayish tones of pinks and whites to achieve the same results. The key is to not use any one color so much that it overpowers the others, so consulting with a Feng Shui expert is a good idea.
These five tips will help to give your life the boost it deserves and the fulfillment it requires. Alter your space and you will change your life.